Monday, November 30, 2009

Jackassery Begets Jackassery

Okay, after my "Jim Harbaugh is a douche" post, I suppose I need to address the long pass at the end of the game .

I had said Pete Carroll never did anything like that. Well he hadn't until Saturday. Was it a jackassy thing to do? Probably.

But...

USC was taking a knee to run the clock out, when Neuheisel called a time out to try and force a USC punt so that UCLA could attempt to score again. They sent a message that they wanted to keep on playing, so USC kept on playing.

Karma is a fickle bitch, Rick.

As I said in the previous post, if you can score, you should score. At least The Trojans did not go for two.

To try and avoid hypocrisy (as much as is possible where sports are concerned), I will no longer paint Pete Carroll with the hallowed glow of sainthood.

But I will still think Jim Harbaugh is a douche until the end of time. And Rick Neuheisel too.

Yeah. Yeah. I know. I said I'd TRY to avoid it, didn't I? Besides, you can't have football, or a good cross-town rivalry without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment