Monday, September 21, 2009

Football Watching Gone Awry

Apologizing in advance to all pregnant cheerleaders or trailer park inhabitants (which several members of my family are, and I love them dearly), but I thought this conversation was funny. Or maybe you just had to have been there. Either way.

As heard at my house this weekend...

He: "Look at that cheerleader for _____ (unnamed University that I
refuse to acknowledge). I think she's pregnant!"

She: (looking up, but missing the shot of said cheerleader) "I'm sure she
wasn't. She was probably just full figured."

He: "No! No I am sure she was pregnant."

She: "They wouldn't have a pregnant cheerleader!"

He: "Sure they would. It is _____ after all. And it's not like they
can kick her off the squad for being pregnant. Hello lawsuit!"

She: "I would think she wouldn't want to be on the squad. It
makes the school look...I don't know...trashy. Like some bad trailer park
joke."

He: "But if she was from the trailer park, she wouldn't realize it looks trashy."

She: "Hmmm. Good point."

He: "It's a 'ho thing."
And so beget my new favorite phrase...It's a 'ho thing. It has wide applicability and explains so much with so little. It's a 'ho thing. Oh, yeah! It's a 'ho thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment